Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet Whispers

I'm sitting in Starbucks as my husband faithfully serves by playing bass for a church in the Garland/Mesquite area. In a few hours, we will be alongside the rest of his family at the viewing of his sweet grandmother who went to be with the Lord Thursday evening.
As I take a short break from wrapping up some work emails/planning/etc. since I will be absent tomorrow for the funeral and to support our family in this time, I am encouraged by my dear friends and their wise, struggling, persevering, submissive hearts and words. The Lord is wooing me. He is drawing me closer to Himself through these Godly women He has, in His eternal wisdom, placed in my life. I hear him whispering sweet comfort to my heart and mind as my flesh struggles with the stress of work (and not being there to catch up), with the inability to shield my husband's heart from breaking each time he thinks about how much he misses his grandmother, who had a significant part in raising him to be the man who he is today, and with my feelings of imposition in this time of grief as I am still somewhat of a "new" member of the family since we have not even been married for 2 years yet. I only shared such a minuscule part of this self-sacrificial woman's life.
Through all of this, though, the point of this post is that I can feel the Lord's gentle tug at my heart.

"Cast your burdens on me for my yolk is light..."

Sherry encouraged me to memorize that verse over a year ago. The Lord is gracious to have it in the forefront of my mind today.

No comments: