Friday, August 3, 2012

More like "Primal Blueprint" (Days 2 & 3)

After doing more research these past days, I'm realizing that what we're doing is more Primal Blueprint than Paleo, but they are pretty similar.
Tonight's post will be short (I think), although I'm going to go ahead and post for days 2 AND 3 since I'm here, and our meals are already done for today, as well.

DAY 2:

Breakfast: Aaron had the leftovers of Day 1's Breakfast (the scramble), and I had a bowl of oatmeal.

Lunch:  Aaron's lunch was the leftover Maple/Dijon Chicken from the night before.  Mine was a delicious salad again, but a bit different than the day before.  Today's salad was made with Romaine, tomato, feta, sunflower seeds, almonds, grilled shrimp (with coconut oil), and for the dressing I used olive oil and balsamic vinegar.


Dinner:  Cuban Pork Lettuce Wraps

A shot in the crockpot before serving
All served up on some Butter Lettuce with a homemade red cabbage slaw!
Snacks:  Carrot Chips with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus while preparing lunch and Pink Lady Apple with Peanut Butter (hadn't picked up the almond butter yet, so the peanuts had to do) while preparing dinner.


DAY 3: 

Breakfast:  Oatmeal and a bit of our usual breakfast scramble.

Lunch:  I used the leftovers from our cucumber/cream cheese/shrimp finger foods from Day 1 to make myself a tortilla-less lunch wrap.  I used some of the nitrate-free deli turkey I found at Target, took the cream cheese and shrimps from the cucumbers, then chopped up the cucumbers to sprinkle on top.  I wrapped up the whole thing, and then used a fork and knife to actually eat it (you can imagine how messy it would have been to try without the utensils)!  OH.MY.GOODNESS.  This was so surprisingly good!!!  It honestly reminded me of rice-less sushi! YUM!


 Dinner:  Thai Basil Beef Balls, Mashed Butternut Squash, and Watermelon slices (fresh from Aaron's Dad's Garden). Another surprisingly DELICIOUS new recipe - both recipes, actually.  I seriously cannot get over how great these tasted!  The Beef balls recipe was such an interesting mix of ingredients, I honestly didn't know what to expect, but was extremely pleasantly surprised! You really must try this recipe!

I made the first batch of meatballs on the stove in a skillet (to cook faster), but they were WAY better in the oven as the recipe calls for.  Doesn't the picture just make your mouth water??
Snacks:  Baby Carrots and some Tomato & Basil Hummus while prepping lunch today.


 How I felt: I felt great today except for a little bit before dinner.  My stomach didn't feel great, but let's be honest - that is NOT an unusual thing for me (unfortunately)...


Workout of the day: Ten Minute Trainer video - Cardio


Interesting Fact of the Day: I mentioned it in my Day 1 post, but I never knew it... Peanuts aren't nuts at all! WHAT? They're actually Legumes! So crazy!

And on that note, I'm going to eat a scoop of almond butter and hit the sack! :)

No comments: