Friday, February 19, 2010

"You are who you live with"

My husband's cleanliness tendencies are rubbing off on me, ever so slowly. To the naked eye, you may not agree, but it's true. My brain has been slowly transforming over the last year and a half that we have been married. I am actually QUITE a bit more tidy than I used to be. You can verify that with any of my poor former roomies. My room was always ridiculous. There were always better, more fun things to be doing with my time than organizing my bedroom! haha.


However... I just walked back into my classroom with the weight of the "end of the six weeks grades/makeup tests/late work/etc" hanging over my head, and I saw my desk for the pit of despair that it has become in the past week. Believe it or not, my desk area has always stayed pretty neat, clean, and organized (and not just by MY standards! haha). This week has destroyed any realization of that clean, orderly fantasy here... :( sad day.


I really just wish that I could sort through paperwork/graded papers and find my order again, instead of grading more papers that need to be handed back in a matter of hours... 2, to be exact. So, on that note, I will be signing off here and using the rest of my conference period to grade 7th grade quizzes! WOOT!


I'll leave you with a sad picture...
My little, disorganized home away from home ;)
love, denise.

3 comments:

The Irwins said...

As a former roomie I can fully attest to this, and I am SOO proud of your marital-inspired cleanliness and order. You are wonderful!

Love ya

denisie power said...

hahahaha I knew i could count on you, Kel!! :) And I must add that a part of that cleanliness was most definitely Kelley Irwin inspired. haha :) remember that time that I actually got down on my hands and knees to scrub our apartment floor last year?! yeah. that was totally ALL you! hahaha :)

Anonymous said...

so good to see you last night, even if just from afar... hope to see (and talk!) to you again soon!